Why is this rain not the same?

Posted by dreamz2achieve on 7/23/2009

NCR was blessed by a huge downpour yesterday. A much awaited rain.

I was in my office working calmly on my comp when a girl sitting in a cubicle next to the window stood up and shouted with excitement that it was raining heavily outside. All of us gathered around the window, most of us with a coffee mug in our hand, and stared blissfully at the rain.
At this moment, a thought crossed my mind. All I was doing now was looking at the rain that too from behind a fixed glass window standing inside an air conditioned room with a coffee mug in my hand. I suddenly remembered the younger me - when a rain always meant getting wet in the rain, making paper boats and playing in the rain with cousins, scolding from mother for getting wet and the sweet pampering by grandmother later on with a glass of hot turmeric milk.
Don't know when and where, but the younger me got lost somewhere in this busy hectic life. A deeper thought lead me to a funny discovery - we strive hard to achieve a life of comfort and joy and on the way lose the same.

5 comments:

Comment by monu on July 25, 2009 at 11:28 AM

rain is not the same. Other day I was telling my daughter about how I used to get wet in the rain when I was a child. She could not believe it and immediately wanted to go to India. It made me wonder how much fun she is missing. We were so bindas back then. SO much has changed. Cannot still decide is it for better or worse.

 
Comment by dreamz2achieve on July 26, 2009 at 9:58 PM

Its sad to see that even children do not enjoy some of the joys of life the same way earlier generations used to do...they get caught in this mad race of life much earlier. I am sure Ashley will enjoy coming to India...v'll take her to some real exciting places.

 
Comment by monu on July 27, 2009 at 1:44 PM

thanks. keep writing. u r good. I didnot know u had grown so much so fast.

 
Comment by Unknown on August 3, 2009 at 2:42 AM

rain....... always same.u can still enjoy the rain,if u want. we all are kidz by heart. if somebody starts making boats and before he thinks to float just see the people around u.all are enjoying without getting wet.rain always same....... it brings freshness, joy.hot tea and pakoras......sitting in balcony sipping the tea.sirf nazaria alag hai.

 
Comment by Anonymous on August 22, 2011 at 5:21 AM

Liked it!

 

Post a Comment