A deep insight into life

Posted by dreamz2achieve on 7/29/2009

I have this funny habit of thinking about the most abstract things in the midst of my daily routine. Now these thoughts are not limited to my idle time, but enter my mind (and that too at dashing speed) just about anytime and anywhere. And the reason they are problematic is that they refuse to leave me until and unless I have given them justified time and thought.
I was comfortably sitting in my cubicle at office answering a new mail which had just popped up in my inbox. When, suddenly this strange thought came to my mind and I was doing a critical analysis of goals and their importance. People often talk about the goals of their lives. Everyone has goals - both short term and long term. Now, the dilemma is that is it good to have goals or not. Goals give our actions a direction which is highly important, but at the same time limit our actions only in that direction.

Well, its finally a personal choice for everyone. Let me tell you all, how is it for me? I always have goals in my mind - but they are neither short term nor long term. They are just plain simple goals. Now, a question that comes to my mind is that why are these goals so important for me. Well, the only reason existent for me is that goals give me a sense of accomplishment when I achieve them and I am able to happily bask in the achievement's glory for some time. I love those sweet moments - the feeling of accomplishment is the greatest HIGH for me. :)
But just like any other high, even this is a temporary one. The hangover quickly dies. This is the time, when I feel the urge of a new accomplishment and thus the birth of another goal in my mind. So, its a vicious cycle. Goal leads to accomplishment and accomlishment leads to newer goals.

5 comments:

Comment by dreamz2achieve on August 3, 2009 at 3:45 AM

Just came across a nice full form for AIM: Award in Mind

 
Comment by Unknown on August 4, 2009 at 2:12 AM

Excess of everything is bad. Life is just like a roller coaster. It never remains same. Control.......... dont make every thought a goal. Goals can not walk randomnly or anytime.

 
Comment by Anonymous on August 14, 2009 at 3:20 AM

well.. the arguments presented above forced me to think about this trite phrase "Goal". This hackneyed term, i bet is one of the favourite topics of discussion at the Management meets or in the corporate corridors.So, does the goal really exist or is it the creation of our logical mind?
A lethargic mind might take the goal as the journey itself and not a part of the journey whereas an agile mind might consider it as a milestone (or perhaps a distraction).A spirutual mind or a self motivated mind need no goals.so it all depends upon the blend of mind of an individual.
Anon

 
Comment by Monu on August 17, 2009 at 7:00 AM

goals are important as it gives a sense of once existence in this world. It helps us feel happy. But one has to be realistic about goals too. Not everything can or should become a goal as that leads to a lot of stress. Channeling your energy in one direction is not a bad thing (unless you stop having an open mind to other things). That is why at least in medicine a multidisciplinary approach to every condition is very important. I think I have an OCD. I keep thinking, worrying and working towards a problem (or a goal) until I have solved it. And when I look back almost everytime I realise it was so stupid of me to spend so much time and energy into it. But I still donot change.....

 
Comment by Anonymous on December 4, 2011 at 4:01 AM

nice sincere post. you have a very nice way of conveying your thoughts:))

 

Post a Comment