The Great Driving Experience

Posted by dreamz2achieve on 7/15/2009

Well, I have decided to write about my recent discovery of Delhi roads.
Believe it or not, but I have started driving lately only and I must say that I am having the experiences of a lifetime when viewing the Delhi roads from a different perspective all together.

My daily driving consists of almost the same route between my home and office. I live in South Delhi and my office is situated in Noida. Yes !! I actually travel inter-state everyday :) though it hardly feels as if I am going from one city to another. Everyone living in NCR would agree with this that all these diverse cities merge into each other seamlessly.
Always being a backseater in a car till now, I had been oblivious to the fun, thrill, scare, tension, surprise, despair and numerous other feelings of the person in the driving seat. Till now, driving seemed to me like a mundane, routine task. But this misconception of mine was corrected in the very first few days of driving myself. I describe the driver's seat as a Hot Seat. Every moment is different from the others as you experience varied feelings in almost each moment.
You could feel at the top of the world if you cross the red light in just the nick of the moment (it turns red the moment you have crossed), or an unusual feeling of joy when you see the parallel road for going in the opposite direction jammed with a traffic jam (and you are travelling smoothly), scared when a rash bus driver misses your car by a few centimeters, angry when cars going straight block the free left turn road, thrilled when you drive at more than 90 kmph on expressways, pathetic when you get a flat tyre in the middle of a traffic jam and all you can hear is cars honking, sympathetic when you see a rickshaw puller sweating it out in the hot sun while you are comfortably seated in an air-conditioned car, irritated when the red lights are not working and the policeman is giving eternal time to cars on the other side of the crossing and the list goes on....
So, you see that driving is not a routine task but a constant test of the umpteen emotions hidden in an individual.

2 comments:

Comment by Anonymous on January 13, 2010 at 9:20 AM

I would recommend you visit http://elandelhi.blogspot.com and prod them on. Just read little bit of your take on Delhi's roads, etc.
Thanks.

 
Comment by magiceye on November 11, 2011 at 6:58 PM

full of adventure!!

:)

 

Post a Comment