Who said travelling alone is boring?

Posted by dreamz2achieve on 2/27/2013



Till some time back, I was one of those people who was travelling almost every month. No, this was not corporate travel. On the contrary, my travel has almost come down to zero, since I entered the corporate life. I used to travel and that too a lot when I was in college. There would always be some or the other travel tickets in my wallet – either from the last travel, upcoming travel or travel details waiting to be converted into tickets. And these were travels which I used to look forward to – visit to home from hostel or back, visit to friends living in a nearby city or weekend trips with friends. Travel itself would also be of all kinds – 4-5 hour bus journeys, extremely long (more than 28 hours) train journeys, flight travels or a combination of these.  Quite a good percentage of the travel journeys were alone. And since then, I have been a fan of travelling….

So, what’s so great about all this to and fro between cities. Just before you embark on a journey, life is extremely hectic. Well, it surely is for me. There are those more than hundred tasks which you have to finish before the journey – packing all your stuff very carefully, else be sure to miss out on that one thing which you just can’t do without, arranging food for the journey (ask any hostel student how important a task this is), ensuring your bookings are in place, and the list goes on and on. So, I am generally seen hopping around looking extremely busy just before a trip, hoping that the entire checklist of tasks would be completed successfully and everything would go perfectly. 

In spite of all the preparations you do, be assured that Mr. Murphy would surely strike. After I have fought Mr. Murphy and thanked God, the moment arrives. The moment you are seated in your mode of transport and everything from getting the seat to arranging the luggage has been taken care of. The moment when you take a deep breath and a sigh of relief comes out. This instance is like a moment of truth for me. This moment you realize that for some time (the duration of your journey) at least, you can just sit back, relax and comprehend the things around you. You can just sit and spend time with your own thoughts because pretty much that’s all you can do. Spend time watching people around you, and one realizes that there couldn’t be a better way to pass time.

Read a book if you want to or don’t if you don’t want to. Call someone if you want to or don’t if you don’t want to – Use the age old excuse of no network during travel and no one will hold it against you for not calling ;). This is also probably the reason, that I don’t want phone and internet facilities to ever come to air travel because that will just push us to work on flight too and not experience these moments of truths.

These were just old memories which came flooding back to my mind when I travelled again today alone and experienced the moment of truth once more and I chose to write this blog post because I wanted to. :)

7 comments:

Comment by charit on February 28, 2013 at 12:42 PM

May be its not travel, but a way to spend time with yourself. I am sure you can do it whenever you want to........

 
Comment by Low brokerage on October 3, 2013 at 9:21 PM

Travelling alone and travelling with frndz are like north n south pole. Its hard define.
I LOVE TRAVELLING

 
Comment by UX Design Studio on April 19, 2017 at 2:52 AM

I don’t know how should I give you thanks! I am totally stunned by your article. You saved my time. Thanks a million for sharing this article.

 
Comment by Digital Marketing Agency Delhi on August 25, 2017 at 3:37 AM

What you're saying is completely true. I know that everybody must say the same thing, but I just think that you put it in a way that everyone can understand. I'm sure you'll reach so many people with what you've got to say.

 
Comment by GST Courses Delhi on September 4, 2017 at 10:52 PM

Very informative, keep posting such good articles, it really helps to know about things.

 
Comment by GST Training Delhi on October 6, 2017 at 12:04 AM

Amazing web log and really fascinating stuff you bought here! I positively learned plenty from reading through a number of your earlier posts in addition and set to drop a discuss this one!

 
Comment by GST Courses on October 31, 2017 at 4:44 AM

This is the precise weblog for anybody UN agency must search out out concerning this subject. You notice such a lot its nearly arduous to argue with you. You completely place a spanking new spin on a topic that is been written concerning for years. Nice stuff, merely nice!

 

Post a Comment